Thursday, November 12, 2015

Do you know "Michael Calvert"??

With the BC High School Football playoffs about to start, I want to introduce one outstanding player named Michael Calvert, who belongs to the defending champion South Delta Sun Devils. The reason why my attention was grabbed is I was overwhelmed by his prominent performance as a quarterback (he is one of a few players on the team that plays QB). The quarterback is considered the leader of the offensive team and the most glorified and scrutinized position on each team. I must say, as a player, I found Michael to be a great role model.
 
 


Let me tell you the game I watched back on October 24. Before the game, I heard a little about him from my manager, Daniel, saying that he was well-known for being a skilled player among BC High School Football. So, it was very exciting for me to focus on his play. In the meantime, I was a little worried about him because I thought he always had to live up to huge expectations, which caused him a lot of pressure. However, once I watched his performance a few times during the game, I changed my perspective because he looked like he accepted the responsibility and excelled in his role. At the same time, he reminded me of my previous teammate.

When I belonged to a soccer team in high school, our team had one of the most talented and famous players in my prefecture. He was always checked hard by the other teams’ most aggressive players but, amazingly, he would always evade them and score goals much to the delight of all the spectators. As a result, he was chosen “Most Valuable Player” among over 250 high schools and also helped our team win a championship. In other words, without him, we would not have achieved what we did. I am sure Michael Calvert has the same charismatic aptitude my friend had.


When it comes to his play style, it seems to me Michael is a very clever player because he could come up with the best ideas on the spot to score. From my point of view, he is not only a great passer but also an amazing runner. In my experience, most quarterbacks excel in their passing skills. In his case, he has skills both as a passer and a runner. In addition, he was a very reliable and indispensable player because he was involved in almost all important situations. In particular, one memorable situation I remember was his two-point conversion at the end of the game. That’s because his amazing play helped South Delta win 8-7 over Notre Dame.

This Friday, I will get a chance to go watch his game against the Mt. Boucherie Bears taking place at Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West at 4:30 pm. I look forward to watching the game because I want to continue watching his performance and see if he can help his team to another big win.

Does reading my blog make you a Michael Calvert fan, too? If so, I hope to see you on the field on Friday. I know you won’t regret seeing him!

If you have any superstar players you recommend I focus on, please feel free to let me know so that I can go check them out. Thank you for reading my blog today. I hope you are doing well. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment