Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Are you ready for some playoff football?!

It has been one month since I joined Football BC, and the experience has been very satisfying. Some of the things I learned from Football BC so far includes how to shoot and cut videos and how to take pictures that are very challenging because I always have to focus on a player holding the ball or a player catching the ball among other players. I’ve also learned to use applications like iContact to update our weekly newsletter and other computer tasks. But out of all my tasks, my favourite is definitely watching live games. Watching the players play always makes me motivated to work hard. So, I must say I am crazy about football now.
 
 
 
Today, I am going to talk about the playoff games that I look forward to watching.


1.  Canada West playoff starting from next week

I will be going to UBC on November 7 to watch the first playoff game between UBC Thunderbirds and Manitoba Bisons, which is the exactly same match that took place on October 31, during which both teams must have analyzed their opponent’s weak points and will be ready to use that to their advantage to win in the playoff game. What I want to focus on is how the Manitoba Bisons utilize the previous losing game to lead to the winning game in the playoff even though I am cheering for UBC. In addition, I would like to pay attention to a couple of first-year former BC High School Football stars #28 Jamel Lyles (Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers) and #8 Jesse Walker (Mission Roadrunners) because their self-assured performance makes spectators, including me, excited and attracted. When it comes to UBC, they have a great advantage because they can play the game at UBC which makes their players comfortable. Moreover, they will be able to face with confidence for the game because they escaped with a 24-10 win over Manitoba Bisons on last week. To be honest, it is so difficult for me to predict which team will win because it seems to me both teams are very close in terms of their level of play. So, I will presume that the game will be the most exciting and intense game I have ever watched. If you have time this Saturday, I highly recommend you watch the game at UBC, which definitely helps you get rid of daily stress and worry. After the game, I am going to tell you my feedback about the game with pictures I will take and videos.
 
 



2.  2015 Canadian Bowl National Championship on Saturday November 7th.


Have you ever heard of the amazing team named Okanagan Sun belonging to Canadian Junior Football League?? The team became BCFC champions after a 54-0 shutout of the Vancouver Island Raiders in Apple Bowl located in Kelowna on October 25. Luckily, I was able to watch the spectacular game live, which made me extremely excited. In particular, I was overwhelmed by quarterback Cam Bedore’s performance because he was named the Offensive Player of the Game finishing 14-of-20 for 247 yards and two touchdowns. I want you to pay attention to the game taking place in Saskatoon against Saskatoon Hilltops as our boys compete for the 2015 Canadian Bowl National Championship on Saturday November 7th. I believe that Okanagan Sun will  win a championship.



 
Next, I was going to describe high school football play-off taking place in two weeks. However, I am not sure up to now which games I am going to watch. Instead, let me introduce an exciting game held before the playoffs start.

3.  Archbishops’ Trophy game this Friday

One of the longest-running rivalry games, 59th Archbishops’ Trophy game, between Notre Dame Jugglers and Vancouver College Fighting Irish will be held in Vancouver College at 2 pm on November 6th. I really wanted to watch this extremely exciting game because I watched both team’s games before. Watching these teams reminded me of when I used to play soccer seriously in my childhood and we would always want to play our best especially against rival teams. Unfortunately, I will not be able to come to this game because of a school appointment. If you can, I highly recommend you go and watch the game and pay attention to whether Vancouver College, who have won the last 11 in a row in the Archbishops’ Trophy game, can continue the great achievement, or the Jugglers end their steady advance. Do not miss it!! The reason why I like high school football very much is I can watch a different type of football since the league is based on American rules. I like both the Canadian and American game, and always find the differences very entertaining. If I get chances to watch high school playoff games, I will be sharing my feedback with you.    





4.  BC Lions playoff against Calgary Stampeders on November 15th

BC Lions will be facing with Calgary Stampeders at McMahon Stadium on November 15 to earn the right to challenge the Edmonton Eskimos, who have secured first place and will host the winner of the Western Semi-Final on November 22. I look forward to watching the game on TV in order to learn football more while enjoying it. I hope BC Lions will have a great performance and win a championship even though it is really challenging. I will keep my fingers crossed for BC Lions. Go get them!


I have described various playoff games coming soon today. I hope the blog helps you go and watch these games and get to be interested in it little by little. I look forward to seeing you and updating a new blog next week. See you later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment