Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hello everyone,


I hope you are having a great time. Since I joined Football BC as a communications assistant, I have spent one week surrounded by a great manager, Daniel, and Leo, who was my previous coworker and finished his internship two Saturday’s ago. If you know him, you must have heard of his many works that can be found on Football BC’s website and on YouTube.



First of all, let me say thank you to Leo and describe how great he was. He was an extremely trustworthy and indispensable team member. He taught me precisely how to edit videos, something that I had no experience with before, how to update the high school football newsletter we publish every week, shoot videos and take photos, and so on. In addition to that, he showed me how I should work with Canadian people and the Canadian work environment, which made me feel more comfortable. I must say without him, I would not have gotten off to a great start and given a great impression on Daniel. Thank you so much for all of his kindness. I will do my best to catch up with him and to make you enjoy reading my blog like he did from now.

 


As you can see, I am having a precious time here even though I feel like I am struggling to learn challenging tasks all the time. My most memorable experience so far came last week when I went to BC Place last Saturday to participate in the “Salute to Amateur Football” event. In the afternoon, I shot videos for the brilliant people who were inducted into the British Colombia Football Hall of Fame. After that, I watched the BC Lions game live to learn the rules, which helped me understand more about Canadian football. Thanks to the amazing experience, I was able to learn not only basic rules but also how to root for home team like “crowd noise”. During half-time, Leo and I went to the field to take photos and shoot videos of kids playing football. It reminded me of my childhood when I played and enjoyed soccer. Their performance made me motivated to work hard. At the same time, I felt like I wish I could be a child.


 

 


 
When I was spending time in the office, I received a certificate for completing the The National Coaching Certificate Program “Making Headway in Football” which is something I learned all football coaches in Canada have to take. You might realize how much I am learning new things day by day.


Finally, I have started new project named English and Japanese football dictionary to help Japanese people who do not know anything about football to learn and become more interested in football like me. My goal is to convey how wonderful Canadian football is to Japanese people. I think it is my mission. If you, especially Japanese people, have anything you want to know about football, feel free to ask me so that I can help you out.
 

So this is my adventure so far at Football BC. I plan to keep taking full advantage of my opportunity, to use my skills and to enjoy my experience. 
 

I hope you keep enjoying my blog. If you have any suggestions or advice or even constructive criticism, do not hesitate to leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment